One of the special services that we provide our customers is installing tankless water heating systems.…
However, tankless water heaters are not the ideal option for every home. There are some cases when you will want to stick with the familiar option of storage tank water heaters in Smyrna, GA. Although they are older technology, storage water heaters have some advantages over the newer models.
For detailed information on Tank vs. Tankless that will help you decide on the right system for you, call the professionals at Premier Indoor Comfort Systems.
Some of the benefits of storage tank water heaters
- Lower installation cost: Tankless systems are more expensive upfront to have installed, sometimes as much as three times the cost of a storage water heater. Although tankless systems will earn back the extra expense with energy savings, your immediate budget plans may make a standard water heater a better option.
- No natural gas line changes: Natural gas is the best option for a tankless system, but the current natural gas piping in your home may be insufficient for the needs of the new tankless water heater. This can mean higher costs for installation. But a storage-tank water heater can simply hook up to the current gas supply with no alterations.
- No circuitry changes: What about an electric-powered system? The situation is much the same: tankless systems may require installation of a new circuit to handle the amount of power they need, but storage tank heaters will be ready to go with your current electrical power load.
- They don’t need a high flow rate: “Flow rate” is how much water you need to be heated at one time. If you do not have a household that places a large demand at one time on the water heater, the flow rate may be too low to activate a tankless water heater. Storage water heaters have no minimum flow rate, however.
- Immediate hot water: Because storage water heaters have a supply of heated water standing by for use, you won’t have to wait long for the water to reach the taps. With tankless water heaters, there can be significant lag time, which is both inconvenient and wasteful of water.
An expert in tankless and tank water heaters in Smyrna, GA can help you determine the best choice for your household. Premier Indoor Comfort Systems aims to provide you with 100% satisfaction when you call us for water heater service at (770) 268-2422.