Summer is here, and your AC system is likely to get a lot of use in the near future. As we’ve discussed before on our blog, there are certain maintenance tasks you can complete on your own to get your home cooling system ready for the season. However, in summer and beyond, it is important to know when to call for professional heating and cooling service, as opposed to when to go the do-it-yourself route. Keep reading to learn more professional versus DIY HVAC service, and remember that you can always contact Premier Indoor Comfort Systems for all your heating and cooling needs.
When You Can Take Care of It On Your Own & When to Call for HVAC Service:
- Heater & AC Repair – Call a Professional: When it comes to heater and AC repair, you should always hire a licensed HVAC technician. Not only will a professional tech do a more accurate job diagnosing your issue, they will also be able to get to the root of the problem and provide solutions faster. While you may be able to troubleshoot some basic HVAC problems on your own, to actually get your system up and running again without making the problem worse, call Premier Indoor Comfort Systems.
- Air Filter Replacement – DIY: Many homeowners are not aware they should be replacing their HVAC system’s air filters several times a year. The good news, however, is that you can replace air filters on your own. You should be able to find most kinds of air filters online or at your local home improvement store, and the actual replacement process itself is quite simple. However, for more information about which type of air filter is right for you or for assistance with the installation process, you should still feel free to give Premier Indoor Comfort Systems a call!
- Heater & AC Installation – Call a Professional: Although you can technically install your own heater and AC unit, our licensed technicians would strongly recommend against this. Amateur installation can lead to more problems down the line if done incorrectly, plus our technicians can help set up your home comfort systems to maximize performance and energy-efficiency. To ensure your HVAC equipment works better and lasts longer, hire Premier Indoor Comfort Systems the next time you need an installation or replacement.
- Thermostat Installation – DIY: While modern smart thermostats may seem more complicated to set up than traditional models, you can usually install them yourself. These devices are meant to be easy to use, and to learn your home comfort needs intuitively. Premier Indoor Comfort Systems can help you find the right system for your house, and offer tips on ideal thermostat settings and performance options.
- HVAC Maintenance – Depends on the Situation: When it comes to heating and cooling maintenance, the key is to understand your home and your system’s needs. Every homeowner should be able to perform simple tune-ups designed to help them save money on energy costs. However, for extensive troubleshooting and plans designed to increase energy efficiency over time, you should consider consulting our professionals at Premier Indoor Comfort Systems.
- Indoor Air Quality Service – Depends on the Situation: Indoor air quality systems are increasingly important in the world we live in. When it comes to certain IAQ equipment, like basic air cleaners, purifiers, UV germicidal lights, dehumidifiers, and humidifiers, you can usually purchase and set up the equipment on your own. However, for whole-home system installation, it is better to hire IAQ experts, like our technicians at Premier Indoor Comfort Systems. We also offer more advanced indoor air quality services, like duct cleaning and testing, which should only be attempted by experienced professionals. Call today, and find out how we can help improve your indoor air quality and home comfort level.