To repair or not to repair, that is the question!
We’ve been in the business for 40 years, so we know what we’re talking about when we tell you an upgrade will be way more efficient than constant repairs on your old AC system. You don’t always have to rely on us though. There are a plethora of signs that can clue you in that it’s time to finally put your old AC to rest and upgrade.
We like to think of repairs as being cheaper than a brand-new air conditioner. What homeowners don’t usually consider, is that the cost of air conditioning repair in Kennesaw, GA can sometimes outweigh the installation of a new air conditioner. Not only that, but newer AC units function more efficiently than older ones, significantly reducing your energy bill. Luckily, we have some guidelines that we’d like you to consider when looking at this difficult decision to make.
Compare the Differences
With such an expensive investment on the line, it’s vital that you weigh all your options before you make an upgrade or repair. You don’t want to be repairing a system that’s just going to keep breaking down year after year, but you also don’t want to upgrade to a new system if yours is in perfectly good condition.
- Age of your system. Air conditioners only last 10-15 years in the best of cases. If your air conditioner is getting up there in age, a replacement might be in your future.
- Efficiency. Newer air conditioners run much more efficiently than older units. In some cases, a high-efficiency AC can keep your home just as cool by using 20%-50% less energy. If your energy bills are starting to run high, it could be from your inefficient air conditioner.
- Size of AC. Does your AC run in short cycles and constantly needs repairs? It might have been sized incorrectly, which requires a replacement to fix.
- Number of repairs. If your air conditioner has had three or more repairs in its lifetime, it’s probably a promising idea to get a replacement.
- Price of overall repairs. If the price of all repairs for your AC would be more than half the cost of a brand-new system, consider purchasing a replacement.
It’s Not Broken…
But your air conditioner still works, right? Why would you even consider upgrading it if it’s not broken? These are frequent questions to have when the discussion of an AC replacement comes up, but with all the previous information in mind- you might be wasting money if you don’t upgrade. You don’t want to wait until the hottest day of the year for your AC unit to break down and cost you a ton of money to repair.
Don’t forget that a lot of states offer tax credits for upgrading your AC to a more efficient model. This, combined with manufacturer rebates on certain AC models, can really get you a great deal on an incredibly innovative AC system that could last for years to come.
Contact Premier Indoor Comfort Systems LLC 7 days a week for a personalized response for your needs. If we don’t have the answer, we will find it for you!