Whether you are a casual wine drinker or an avid connoisseur, there’s nothing like a professionally installed wine cooler. At Premier Indoor Comfort Systems, we’re all about facilitating comfort throughout your house. That’s why in your kitchen, we offer wine cooler and cabinet repair, installation, and maintenance. Keep reading to learn the top five advantages of having a wine cooler, and let our experts at Premier Indoor Comfort Systems help you pour the perfect glass.
5 Reasons to Put in a Wine Refrigerator:
- Ideal Temperature Settings: The average refrigerator temperature is set somewhere between 35 and 38 degrees. While this works fine for most food and drinks, it is not ideal for storing wine. With a wine cooler, you can set the temperature somewhere between the ideal 50-59 degrees. While colder temperatures are fine for storing wine temporarily, this range allows you to store your wine for longer while ensuring it retains its full flavor potential. A wine cooler also keeps your wine at a more stable temperature, as opposed to a regular refrigerator, which experiences various temperature shifts as you open and close it throughout the day.
- Better for Aging: Wine is one of the few beverages that deepens in flavor over time; it’s why people drink aged wine and why people talk about a wine’s “potential.” When kept at the ideal temperature, your wine may develop fuller, more complex tastes as it ages. Wine coolers not only facilitate this aging process, they also help your wine retain its flavor up to six months after you open it. So whether you’re looking to start a collection or just want to ensure your wine will taste as good in two weeks as it does right now, a wine cooler is perfect for your needs.
- Prevents Interference from Light: Perhaps the most common enemy for wine is natural light. This is why rich people store wine in a cellar, where it is cool and the light cannot easily reach their collection. While wine bottles are designed to be dark and thick in order to block out both natural and florescent lights, bottling can only do so much. To shield your wine from light interference and prevent the flavor from becoming dull and flat, a wine cooler/cabinet is your best option.
- No Vibration: Like most cooling components, your regular refrigerator contains a compressor. This compressor causes vibration when cycling on and off, which, like the presence of light, can interfere with the natural aging process of your wine. Unlike regular refrigerators, however, many of today’s cutting-edge wine coolers are thermoelectric, so vibration is not a concern.
- Perfect Sizing: Let’s face it, it’s pretty easy to knock one thing over in the fridge as you are going for another. With a wine cabinet, however, you will never have to worry about spilling the milk while reaching for your wine. Wine coolers/refrigerators are designed for one thing: wine. In addition to ideal temperatures, these appliances are constructed to provide perfect spacing and storage for wine bottles, so everything fits neatly and is easily accessible for your convenience.
For more information on wine coolers, call now at (770) 749-7667, or contact us online.