Wireless thermostats are highly underrated in the air conditioning industry. People are willing to do their research about their air conditioners, but when it comes to a thermostat—they’d just like a unit with buttons where they can program the temperature. However, this is the twenty-first century and thermostats can do a lot more than just program temperatures now. Wi-Fi and Smart thermostats can allow you temperature control when you’re not even at home!
Think that’s all they offer? Think again! There are numerous benefits to having a smart thermostat installed in your home, from energy reports to actual savings from increased efficiency. We’re not kidding around, these systems can truly benefit you and your lifestyle when used correctly. If you’ll keep reading, we’ll introduce you to some of the ways that a smart thermostat can be a smart purchase next time you’re talking to your local service professional about air conditioning repair in Canton, GA.
Most homeowners are baffled when we tell them that a smart / Wi-Fi thermostat can save them money in the long run and ultimately end up paying for itself. The monitoring power and support that a thermostat provides for the air conditioner system it’s attached to can prove to be invaluable in the ways we’ve listed below.
- Increased efficiency. The decreased time it takes for you to turn your AC on and off from it being controlled by your smartphone, means money saved over a long period of time. Those couple of minutes of less AC use translate to hours over a year.
- Alerts for temperature changes and issues. Worried about an issue occurring with your AC? a smart thermostat will give you fair warning when the temperature begins to change beyond a certain threshold.
- Keeps track of energy usage through reports. These reports can show you exactly how much energy you’re using, and clue you in if there is a major problem that’s causing the air conditioner to work harder than it should be.
- Monitor both indoor and outdoor temperatures. Your thermostat can read both indoor and outdoor temperatures, giving you an apt comparison to make sure it’s working correctly.
- Reliable and convenient. This is probably the best part. The feeling of setting your air conditioner up while at work, so that you can get home to a perfectly cooled house is unmatched.
With all of these points combined, you might end up saving more money than you thought! These underlooked and underrated devices can be the icing on the cake when it comes to an effective and efficient air conditioning system. The truth of the matter is that your new air conditioner system requires a new thermostat that is reliable and just as convenient. Skipping out on a smart thermostat is like buying a new car with old tires.
So what are you waiting for? Don’t wait for another second to give you and your family the quality convenience that you deserve!